Chi Sigma Iota
"Promoting Excellence in the Profession of Counseling"
Chi Sigma Iota is the Counseling Academic and Professional Honor Society International for counselors-in-training, counselor educators, and professional counselors, which advances the counseling profession through leadership, research, advocacy and the pursuit of academic and clinical excellence. The mission of Chi Sigma Iota is to promote scholarship, research, professionalism, leadership, and excellence in counseling, and to recognize high attainment in the pursuit of academic and clinical excellence in the field of counseling. CSI International homepage: http://www.csi-net.org
The local chapter, Rho Alpha Beta, encourages the furtherance of high standards of scholarship and professional practice through volunteering, speaker programs, workshops, colloquia awards, social activities, and networking opportunities.
To qualify, a student must have completed at least one semester of full-time graduate coursework (minimum 12 hours) in a counselor education degree program, have earned a grade point average of 3.5 or better, and be recommended for membership by the chapter. If you are interested in learning more, please contact the faculty advisor or chapter president listed below.
Dr. Erin Kern Popejoy, CSI Faculty Advisor
2018-2019 Chi Sigma Iota, Rho Alpha Beta Chapter Officers:
- Dr. Erin Kern Popejoy - CSI Faculty Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Kristi Perryman - CSI Faculty Co-Advisor, email@example.com
- Brittany Massengale - President, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evan Smarinsky - Vice President/President Elect
- Amy Broadwater - Treasurer
- Amanda Stuckey - Historian
- Margaret Hindman - Secretary
- Meredith Blackwell - Social Chair
- Sophia Keene - Rehab Liaison
- Presley Darby - Webmaster
Check out the bulletin board in the CNED hallway for details for each of these events or email Brittany Massengale at email@example.com