Counselor education programs are shaped by a central commitment to provide learning experiences that will allow each graduate to become a fully functioning, helping professional in an evolving and diverse world. Students applying to the CNED program should possess qualities inclusive of accountability, commitment and personal and professional growth. The learning experience includes activities with focus on knowledge, skills and personal development.
Applicants may contact the program coordinator, Erin Kern Popejoy, Ph.D, LPC/S 479-575-2213 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. All potential students must apply both to the University of Arkansas Graduate School and the Counselor Education and Supervision Program.
- Jan. 15 — Summer/Fall Admission Consideration
- Sept. 15 — Spring Admission Consideration
Spring On-Campus Interview Dates
After review of applications, students invited for on-campus interviews will be notified by email. Spring on-campus interviews will occur on the following date:
- Oct. 27, 2022 — Master's Interviews, 8:30 a.m. - noon
- Admission Checklist (PDF)
- Program Application Form (PDF)
- Statement of Professional Goals
- Writing sample (PDF)
- Graduate School Application
- Letters of Recommendation (refer to Graduate School application)
- On-campus interview (schedule will be set after deadline)
Note: Preparing for Graduate School has detailed instructions.